# BSP: ESP32-S2-Kaluga-Kit
The ESP32-S2-Kaluga-1 kit v1.3 is a development kit by Espressif that is mainly created to:
* Demonstrate the ESP32-S2’s human-computer interaction functionalities
* Provide the users with the tools for development of human-computer interaction applications based on the ESP32-S2
* [Hardware Reference](https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/latest/esp32s2/hw-reference/esp32s2/user-guide-esp32-s2-kaluga-1-kit.html)
This Board support package consists of:
* Smart RGB LED
* LVGL graphics library
* ES8311 mono audio codec
* Touch pad configuration
* Buttons configuration
* Camera driver
Please refer to README.md in examples folder.
readme of display_camera example
# Display + camera example
This example shows how you can obtain frames from camera a display them on LCD.
By default, the camera interface has following settings:
* Double-buffering (1 frame is being flushed onto the display, while another one is being fetched from the camera)
* Frames in external PSRAM: ESP32-S2 has limited internal RAM, so frames from camera are saved to external RAM.
* EDMA is used for transferring data from camera to the PSRAM
* RGB565 color and QVFGA definition. We use the same image parameters as the display has, so we don't have to convert image formats between camera and the display.
This very simple example continuously fetches image frames from camera and displays them on LCD using LVGL's canvas widget.
### Hardware Required
Kaluga kit with its camera module.
<img alt="Try it with ESP Launchpad" src="https://espressif.github.io/esp-launchpad/assets/try_with_launchpad.png" width="250" height="70">