# ESP MODEM
The `esp-modem` component is a managed component for `esp-idf` that could be used for communication with GSM/LTE modems
that support AT commands and PPP protocol as a network interface.
Get started with one of the examples:
* `examples/pppos_client` -- simple client implemented in C
* `examples/modem_console` -- C++ example implementing simple terminal console with DCE commands
* `examples/ap_to_pppos` -- this example focuses on the network connectivity of the esp-modem and provides a WiFi AP
that forwards packets (and uses NAT) to and from the PPPoS connection.
* Continue with esp-modem [brief overview](docs/README.md)
* View the full [html documentation ](docs/html/index.html)